Lino Tagliapietra-Renowned Venetian Glass Artist:
‘Glass is a wonderful material. Even when it is cool, it is still moving.
It is connected with fire and water, it is so natural. Glass is my life’
About Solavia Fine Glassware
Solavia Fine Glassware is a family-run business, founded in 2013 by Maggie and Darius. We are dedicated when it comes to sourcing high-quality, beautifully handcrafted glassware. After discovering our passion for this natural artisan product, we embarked on a journey to bring the wonder of glassware to people’s homes and businesses.
Our aim is to build a legacy for our three beautiful daughters and to share our passion for glassware, so you can discover its beauty for yourself. Along the way, we have gained a variety of high-profile clients in retail, events and hospitality, who use our glassware in hotels, restaurants, stores and showrooms.
Our glassware is handmade, stylish, affordable and highly desirable. We can also personalise our glassware for that extra special touch. Our ranges always reflect the latest trends for interior design.
• Glassware for the home – if you’re looking to enhance your home interior décor, or if you need stylish storage solutions, we have a vast range of glassware for you to enjoy - from punch bowls to decorative vases. Our glass jars have been used for everything from sweets to spices to soda crystals – how will you use yours?
• Seasonal glassware – our versatile trifle bowls are top-sellers at Christmas, but can also be filled with fruit for summer parties, or even spooky treats at Halloween!
• Glassware gifts - for every special occasion. Our beautiful range of glass giftware make perfect presents for birthdays, anniversaries, Mother's Day, Father’s Day and Valentine's Day. Glass apples and pears filled with flowers or sweets make a great centrepiece. Choose elegant handcrafted vases for single stems or flower bouquets. If you are looking for a retirement gift, why not consider a crystal decanter set, engraved for that personal touch?
• Commercial glassware – we have a range of cake | cheese domes for cafes and delis, sophisticated vases for hotel settings, and delightful sweet bowls for store counters. Our vast range of glassware and tableware will enhance a variety of business environments.
• Organising a wedding? Congratulations! We've got everything you need to bring elegance and style to your special day - from tableware to a stunning range of Garnier reversible, clarinet or trumpet vases for elaborate flower arrangements.
If you’re still stuck for ideas, feel free to drop us a line and we'll see what we can do!
Our glassware has been bought by a number of high-profile clients, including Dolce & Gabbana, Harrods, The Oblix Restaurant in The Shard, Gordon Ramsey’s Kitchen, and Dunhill to name but a few:
• The White Stuff – sweet bowls for store counters
• Hilton and Holiday Inn – vases for hotel settings
• Chanel and Estee Lauder – vases for shop settings
• Longcross Studios – glassware used as film props
• Twinings – glass cups used in advertisements
We are very proud of our success journey and our team. We were thrilled to be awarded the Small Business Sunday Award by Dragon Den’s Theo Paphitis in June 2016. We tweeted our story to #SBS and much to our joy, we were chosen! In November 2017, we were a Finalist for the Retail Business of the Year at the Coventry Telegraph Business Awards. And in 2018, we won the Pride of Rugby Award, sponsored by WASPS Coventry for Small Business of the Year.
Solavia Fine Glassware is fully committed to sustainability and helping to save our planet. We only used recycled packaging and Enviro-Boxes, which are locally sourced to help reduce our carbon footprint. We also have a recycled glass collection called Eco-glass. All our glassware is handmade within the European Union. As our glassware has been handcrafted, sometimes there are natural variances, such as minor bubbles. This only goes to prove that our products are unique and not mass-produced on an assembly line!
We are passionate about helping the local community. In 2018, we decided to support Oscar’s Challenge. Oscar was only 9 years old when he climbed North Africa’s highest mountain, Mount Toubkal, to raise money for Shelter. We donated glass jars and money, as well as helping to arrange an interview for Oscar with Jason Moss on Rugby FM radio, so he could talk about his very worthy challenge. Well done, Oscar!
What is Handcrafted Glassware?
It is glassware created using traditional handmade techniques. Glassmaking techniques utilised to craft our glassware can be traced back to 3500 B.C in Mesopotamia. For centuries, the methods and technologies of glass working were kept secret-the Venetians sent assassins to chase down errant glassmakers wanting to trade their mysterious skills abroad. In the late 19th century, the work of the great artist industrialists such as Tiffany, Galle and Lalique drew attention to the artistic possibilities of the glass.
Nowadays, these skills are passed from generation to generation. The glass making artisan can shape and craft glass to create unique and individual designs.
Why are There Bubbles in the Glass?
Some of the special characteristics of the traditional glassmaking process used to create your product include small air bubbles, surface waves and slight misalignments in the glass. During the glassmaking process, bubbles of air can get trapped within the molten glass and these can be seen in the finished product - a normal and acceptable part of the process of handmade, hand blown glass.
Is Glassware Environmentally Friendly?
Our glassware has been carefully designed to keep environmental impact as low as possible. Glassware, as well as our packaging, is 100% recyclable and FSC compliant. In addition to this, we strive to ship and deliver your glassware from our warehouse using a carbon neutral courier.
How do I Find Out About Offers and Promotions?
Our newsletters are the best place to get amazing offers and promotions. If you are not already signed up, just click here to subscribe, easy!
Can I Change or Cancel my Order?
It is no problem to cancel or amend your order, just give us a call on 01926 632843 or send us an email here as soon as possible so we can help you to sort it out.
What Payments Methods do you Accept?
We use PayPal and can accept most commonly used cards such as Visa and Mastercard. It is also possible to buy now, pay later using the Klarna payment option.
What are Delivery Times?
Our standard delivery courier services take 2-4 days. Our expedited delivery is 24h (excludes delivery on Saturday or Sunday) if ordered before 1pm. If you order on Friday and choose expedited delivery, it will be delivered on Monday. If you wish for your order to be delivered on Saturday, please get in touch with us.
My item has not Arrived, yet?
If you have not received your order after the delivery period has ended, please get in touch with us either by phone on 01926 63284 or send us an email here.
Refunds and Returns
Please see our returns and refund policy.
‘Bought as a gift for my Dad. Really pleased with the quality. Chunky and solid glasses and decanter. He has it on 'show' at home without the whisky in, we bought him!'
'Perfect delivery and exactly what I was looking for. A great feature for my new house'.
'We received the beautiful Solavia handmade glass footed cake stand and we were really pleased with it, the picture is good but it actually doesn't capture how really gorgeous, it is so spectacular. The company were also very accommodating and went beyond to ensure that this item reached us in time for a very special event their kindness was very much appreciated... A fabulous product I would recommend with no hesitation and shall enjoy using often '