Lino Tagliapietra-Renowned Venetian Glass Artist:
‘Glass is a wonderful material. Even when it is cool, it is still moving.
It is connected with fire and water, it is so natural. Glass is my life’
About Solavia Fine Glassware
Solavia Fine Glassware is a family-run business, founded in 2013 by Maggie and Darius. We are dedicated when it comes to sourcing high-quality, beautifully handcrafted glassware. After discovering our passion for this natural artisan product, we embarked on a journey to bring the wonder of glassware to people’s homes and businesses.
Our aim is to build a legacy for our three beautiful daughters and to share our passion for glassware, so you can discover its beauty for yourself. Along the way, we have gained a variety of high-profile clients in retail, events and hospitality, who use our glassware in hotels, restaurants, stores and showrooms.
Our glassware is handmade, stylish, affordable and highly desirable. We can also personalise our glassware for that extra special touch. Our ranges always reflect the latest trends for interior design.
• Glassware for the home – if you’re looking to enhance your home interior décor, or if you need stylish storage solutions, we have a vast range of glassware for you to enjoy - from punch bowls to decorative vases. Our glass jars have been used for everything from sweets to spices to soda crystals – how will you use yours?
• Seasonal glassware – our versatile trifle bowls are top-sellers at Christmas, but can also be filled with fruit for summer parties, or even spooky treats at Halloween!
• Glassware gifts - for every special occasion. Our beautiful range of glass giftware make perfect presents for birthdays, anniversaries, Mother's Day, Father’s Day and Valentine's Day. Glass apples and pears filled with flowers or sweets make a great centrepiece. Choose elegant handcrafted vases for single stems or flower bouquets. If you are looking for a retirement gift, why not consider a crystal decanter set, engraved for that personal touch?
• Commercial glassware – we have a range of cake | cheese domes for cafes and delis, sophisticated vases for hotel settings, and delightful sweet bowls for store counters. Our vast range of glassware and tableware will enhance a variety of business environments.
• Organising a wedding? Congratulations! We've got everything you need to bring elegance and style to your special day - from tableware to a stunning range of Garnier reversible, clarinet or trumpet vases for elaborate flower arrangements.
If you’re still stuck for ideas, feel free to drop us a line and we'll see what we can do!
Our glassware has been bought by a number of high-profile clients, including Dolce & Gabbana, Harrods, The Oblix Restaurant in The Shard, Gordon Ramsey’s Kitchen, and Dunhill to name but a few:
• The White Stuff – sweet bowls for store counters
• Hilton and Holiday Inn – vases for hotel settings
• Chanel and Estee Lauder – vases for shop settings
• Longcross Studios – glassware used as film props
• Twinings – glass cups used in advertisements
We are very proud of our success journey and our team. We were thrilled to be awarded the Small Business Sunday Award by Dragon Den’s Theo Paphitis in June 2016. We tweeted our story to #SBS and much to our joy, we were chosen! In November 2017, we were a Finalist for the Retail Business of the Year at the Coventry Telegraph Business Awards. And in 2018, we won the Pride of Rugby Award, sponsored by WASPS Coventry for Small Business of the Year.
Solavia Fine Glassware is fully committed to sustainability and helping to save our planet. We only used recycled packaging and Enviro-Boxes, which are locally sourced to help reduce our carbon footprint. We also have a recycled glass collection called Eco-glass. All our glassware is handmade within the European Union. As our glassware has been handcrafted, sometimes there are natural variances, such as minor bubbles. This only goes to prove that our products are unique and not mass-produced on an assembly line!
We are passionate about helping the local community. In 2018, we decided to support Oscar’s Challenge. Oscar was only 9 years old when he climbed North Africa’s highest mountain, Mount Toubkal, to raise money for Shelter. We donated glass jars and money, as well as helping to arrange an interview for Oscar with Jason Moss on Rugby FM radio, so he could talk about his very worthy challenge. Well done, Oscar!